Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm back. Part 2

So I worked in FinPa for a total of 3 months. While I learnt a lot in that job I must admit that I didn't enjoy the work.

After leaving FinPa I spent a good month sending out my resumes and cover letters. Making phone calls and contacting friends. For a good month I had received no replies what so ever. Then in mid June over a space of a week, I attended 5 interviews and recieved 3 job offers. I was a little shocked and a little puzzled.

The first job offer was for a 3 month contract with a Software company in the CBD. Very high profile but for me 3 months is a very short time and I wanted a little more security.

The second job offer was for a full time position with a small software house. The position was very exciting. I didn't feel comfortable with the environment. Partly because of my experience with my last job. I really wanted a large company which could provide me with more support and guidance.

The third job offer was from Metricon. The pay was good and so was the working conditions. Not to mention it's very close to home, so there's less pressure on me to get a car.

I've been working for Metricon since the 25th of July 2005 and I'm loving every minute of it. It really is a great company to work for. The people are friendly and the job is really interesting.

I'm doing a lot of research at this stage to get myself familiar with SharePoint. There's a lot of information but out there. But it's finding the specific information relating to the problem which I'm encountering which is the hard part.

I work in a small development team of 3 developers. Consisting of myself, Stan and Navpreet. Stan started work about 3 weeks ago and Navpreet started yesterday. We all have veried skills and I think we all compliment each other. There's also a fourth person in our room, Jame. He's a multimedia person. He actually belongs to the Marketing department who's trying to get away from the Marketing work and trying to concentrate on the company's external web site. Unfortunately I don't think he can escape that easily.

Well that's it for today. Keep an eye out for another update.

No comments: