Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Chan has left NAGOYA (31-July-2004)

Hi all,
I'm on a train bound for HIMEJI. And I've just been informed that the ferry to AWASHIMA island has been cancelled due to the typhoon. So it looks like I'll be staying in TAKUMA tonight. After packing all of my stuff I'm carrying about 20kg on my back. That's after sending home 16kg and leaving my laptop and about 15kg worth of stuff with Takako (Thanks again Takako). I think at some stage I will have to send back another box.

The Japanese landscape is really beautiful. With rolling hills and these rice patties. Even in a typhoon. Actually it looks pretty good when the wind blows over the rice fields. It actually creats waves, very nice.

I experienced my first earthquake on Tuesday morning at 01:55 NAGOYA, JAPAN time. It was only a small one. But it was enough to shake my bed and other items in my room. I was just hoping that it wasn't going to get worse. There were 3 small earthquakes in a row. But no damage was done so all is well.

I just wish I paid attention in the Japanese classes in High School. Oh well.

Chan in Japan signing off.

No comments: