Monday, August 16, 2004

Chan in Hiroshima

Hi all,
Well I'm in Hiroshima at the moment doing a little sightseeing. I've been here for 2 days now and I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

On the first day in Hiroshima I was invited by Akiko Suzuki (a Japanese girl who stopped me for no apparent reason) to do what I thought was at first some kind of cult activity. But lucky it wasn't. It ended up being an activity for Peace. Yep that's right Peace. You see here in Hiroshima there's a strong anti-war feeling because of what happened in the war.

OK, so activity was basically building a dome out of plastic sheets. It sounds easy but it actually took a little bit of work and precision taping. I'm in the process of uploading the pics now so for those who have no idea what I'm rambling on about just check out the pics.

And today I went to Miyajima. This is where the "Floating" Torii lives. It's basically a big gate that was built on a marsh. At high tide the gate looks like it is floating on the water. Again I'm in the process of uploading the pics so please spend sometime checking them out.

There were a lot of really tame deer there they were just walking around amongst the tourists. But again pictures say a 1000 words so just check out my pics.

-Chan in Japan

No comments: