Monday, September 13, 2004

Chan in Japan Update: 07-Sept-2004

Hi All,
It's now 11:20am on Tuesday the 7th of September 2004. I'm travelling from Tokyo to Fuji Yoshida. I won't be climbing Mt.Fuji I'm just going there to take pictures and to kill time. I'm hoping that accommodations will be cheaper now that is out of season to climb Mt.Fuji. But as always I have no idea what's going to happen. I tend to just rock up at a city, go to the information office and get a map and a hotel list. Goto the Hotel/Ryokan/Hostel and drop off my bags and then start exploring the sights. But I'm really just looking forward to getting to a bed and sleeping. I've been traveling for a long time now and I'm really tired.

I spent the last 2 and a half days in Tokyo with Melissa nd Reichell. It was great. It really wasn't what I expected. It's a lot more fun. I was expecting to arrive is a huge concrete jungle and just be really bored with it all. But it was HEAPs of fun. I think the fact that we had all you can eat for lunch for the last two days kinda helped me enjoy it more. And having friends in a city really helped things. I'm pretty sure that without the girls I would be really lost. I'll have to post up a train map for Tokyo at some stage you then you guys will understand.

I've posted up all of the pictures from Tokyo. I think the most interesting ones are from my second day in Tokyo (Tokyo 05-Sept-2004) with the pictures of the "Cosplay" people in Harajuku. Cosplay is a short for Costume Play, it's the name for the people who wear those strange cloths. I think it's pretty cool. Although it was kinda raining that day so not so many where out.

Tokyo would be a pretty good city to live in. There's always something to do. It's not just a concrete jungle, it also has a lot of character (and characters). There are also a lot of interesting shops and resturants. I now understand why people like Tokyo so much.

In my trip so far I think my favourite cities are Kobe and Tokyo. Mind you I think it has a lot to with me having friends there and them being able to show me around, that really made it a lot of fun.

I'm typing this message as I travel on the train to Fuji Yoshida. I'm not sure when I can actually post this message. I'm hoping that I can get a accommodation at some place with Internet access so I can send this and also keep in contact with the outside world.

Oh and I kinda felt an earthquake in Tokyo on the 4-Sept-2004. But it was really small. Or the building really took most of the energy. Cause I couldn't really feel anything but the girls were telling me we were in an earthquake. I'm sure I've been in heaps of earthquakes but I just have noticed them. But the one in June was pretty strong. That was my first noticable experience with an earthquake.

Ok, I think I'll leave you guys with that for now. I hope I can send this message to you guys sooner rather than later.

Take care,
Chan in Japan

No comments: