Saturday, September 18, 2004

Chan not in Japan Update: 18-Sept-2004

Hi all,
I'm writing this blog entry for both my own blog and Patrick's. If you don't understand what's going on then check out my blog at: it should all make sense after that.

Basically my name is Chan. I've been travelling around Japan from the end of August to mid September. But I'd worked in Japan for 5 months before that. But like I said check out my blog if you are interested.

Today is the 18th of Sept 2004. I've spent the last 2 and a half days in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with Patrick Pincon. Today I'm leaving KL for Singapore to meet up with Julian and at some point Joleen. I have a 11:15 bus to Singapore from KL and a return bus leaving Singapore on the 22nd at 12:00 noon.

I arrived in KL on the 15th of Sept. And stayed in the "Bestotel" but it wasn't that good. It's been a bit of a culture shock being in KL. I've come from a society which is seen as a very polite society (Japanese) into Malaysian society. It really hit me when I got on the bus from the airport. I'd asked the bus driver something and he just kind of grunted at me. Then when I got to the hotel the lobby staff were pretty rude. But it's all good. Just have to get used to it.

Since I've been here I've met up with Joa Quim, Patrick and Patrick's friend Albert. The first thing we did was go to a Mamak to eat Magi Mee and Milo Ice… heheh… Very nice… I had like 3 or 4 Milo Ices. They're damn good. Since then Patrick has been showing me around. On the 16th he took me to KLCC, I have no idea what that stands for but it's at the base of the Petronas Towers. Yesterday (17-Sept) he took me the "markets" where they sell all the pirated CDs and DVDs. They're not as cheap as I was hoping they where. Then we went out for Japanese food… Yeah yeah I know… Um, but it was interesting to see Japanese food in the eyes of Malaysia. It food was similar but definitely not the same.
And how today I'm heading to Singapore.

Sorry my site has been down. My server closed all free accounts which included mine. :'( But if you are reading this that means that my site is back up and all is well. So for those in Melbourne I'll be seeing you in a little while. For those of you in Japan, good luck, I hope you are safe and well.

Best Wishes,
Chan

No comments: