Friday, September 17, 2004

Chan in not Japan Update: 15-Sept-2004 Part 2

Ok, well here are the details of the last 36 hours or so. Yesterday, Tuesday the 14th of Sept. Takako's dad drove me around for most of the day. He showed me a few of the interesting spots to the South East of Nagoya.

I also cancelled my mobile phone that day but I had hope that the phone would be cut at the end of the day and not on the spot. So for the rest of that day I didn't have a working mobile. Which is extremely inconvenient, especially in Japan. As Taki would testify. (He told me himself that he's the sort of guy who wouldn't get a mobile while he was in Australia, but he was forced to get one in Japan).

So I had to arrange to meet up with John with only the use of pay phones. Ek. But I eventually met up with him, had dinner at "Coco ichiban" which translates to Coco number one. It's a popular "curry on rice" chain. The Japanese really love the curry on rice. I have to admit I love the curry on rice as well. But it's not the traditional curry that you would find in India. The Japanese curry is a little more watered down.

After that we met up with Ryoko at the Nova Imaike branch. And headed to the local Izakaya for a few drinks and food.

I then headed for Takako's place (where I was staying for the last couple of days) to clean up and pack for my trip today. I was kind of impressed at myself actually. I had sent most of my stuff home. I think I brought over about 40kg to Japan and I left with only about 20kg. This doesn't include my laptop which easily weighs about 7kgs with the external hard disk. I sent everything else home. But it's only going to get there after a month. So I ll have to wait a bit for it but that's OK. I really don't want to be lugging it around south east Asia. I've got what I need and that's enough.

My plans for the next few days are as follows:
16 - 17 Sept. Explore Malaysia.
Night of 17th, travel via train from Malaysia to Singapore
18 - 20 Sept. Explore Singapore.
20 - 22 Sept. Spend time in Indonesia with Fadrian
Night of 22nd, travel back to Malaysia for my 11am flight on the 23rd.

Oh and somewhere in between there I have to contact Malaysian airlines to see what they're going to do about my phone. But again I don't care about the phone it's all the contact details that I really want. Oh well... These things happen. It's my own stupid fault, I should have been more vigilant.

23rd of Sept. fly to Sydney, Australia and meet up with Anna. Spend a few days with her. 26th of Sept. fly back to Melbourne from Sydney.

Then once I get back to Melbourne I'm going to show and then sleep for 24 hours straight. So to all my friends in Melbourne, please don't call me. I ll call you :)

I'll organise some kind of party or something once I get back and get some rest.

Well that's it for now.

Take care all,
Chan

No comments: